Time to unwind on the powder-soft sands of São Rafael ...
I love feeling free; no make-up, beach hair and sunkissed skin. Why not make the most of my swimwear collection?!
I am addicted to wonderful swimwear and can admit I have too many bikini's! Calzedonia being my guilty pleasure for swimwear shopping when in Portugal! From fringed bandeau's, to broderie anglaise and sporty one-pieces they offer so many different swim styles.
When I saw the sporty swimwear trend was back on the scene this summer I was lusting for this Breezy sport tank top and bottoms. Sculpting crop tops, geometric shapes and sporty briefs are great for showing off an athletic body. Normally I enjoy wearing colours but the black and white simplicity help accentuate my tan!
After hours, days and months of rain in the UK my Portuguese Paradise was calling!
With my packed essentials; cotton dresses, sunnies, hat and swimwear.... my sister and I were off. The trip was spent relaxing on our favourite beaches, eating wonderful cuisine and catching up with our friends. Simply the best feeling when we touch down in our second home... we never want to leave!
Finally felt like summer in Salgados which = dresses! Simple, easy, loose and cool. No need to even need to think about how to co-ordinate, just slip it on and you are away! Easy breezy...
One of the best places to stroll in the late afternoon and evenings was just down from our villa. The most picturesque palm walk way....
Colourful, crafty and cool, this cover-up with a high neckline and cut-out sides offers a flattering shape for all. Showcasing crochet at its best... this dress is part of H&M's Coachella Collection. Embroidered denim cut offs, Aztec prints and rainbow crochet, you'll want to ensure a piece from this collection is in your wardrobe.
After a morning on the beach, my sister and I strolled around the old town of Albufeira in boutiques and some of my favourite shops; Calzedonia and Parfois. A clear hit with the Portuguese locals, several people commented and asked me where the dress was from!
2016 started with a new job, lots of hard work and wintery weather.... so by February it was time for some fun. An opportunity to pretend we were children again... it was a great weekend in Paris with my sister!
Check out my top tips and essentials to make the most of your trip!
HOLLY'S TOP TIPS:
* Disney Magic Hours - If you stay in a Disney hotel you can enter the parks from 8am rather than 10am. Great way to take advantage of short queues on popular rides and character photo's!
* Fastpass - Save time in the queues. Take your fastpass ticket showing a return time to go on the ride without the long queue!
* Disney Express Luggage Service - On arrival head straight into the park whilst your luggage is taken direct to your hotel. On departure, leave your luggage with the hotel where they deliver this straight to the Eurostar check-in terminal. No lugging your luggage!
* Pause Gourmande/Tea Time Treat Vouchers - These vouchers offer 1 hot/cold drink and 1 treat (Magnum ice cream or sugar doughnut) from 3-6pm in the park. Be sure to use these to keep you going from lunch until dinner time!
ESSENTIALS TO PACK:
* Comfortable footwear - Trainers, boots or shoes are essential when you are on your feet all day.
* Gloves, scarf, hat/headband - Chilly mornings, late evenings and some fast rides ... you will be grateful to keep warm!
* Satchel bag/backpack - Camera, tickets, snacks, water etc ... take a bag which you can hold on both shoulders.
* Camera - So many photo opportunities... a good camera is a must!