2016 started with a new job, lots of hard work and wintery weather.... so by February it was time for some fun. An opportunity to pretend we were children again... it was a great weekend in Paris with my sister!
Check out my top tips and essentials to make the most of your trip!
HOLLY'S TOP TIPS:
* Disney Magic Hours - If you stay in a Disney hotel you can enter the parks from 8am rather than 10am. Great way to take advantage of short queues on popular rides and character photo's!
* Fastpass - Save time in the queues. Take your fastpass ticket showing a return time to go on the ride without the long queue!
* Disney Express Luggage Service - On arrival head straight into the park whilst your luggage is taken direct to your hotel. On departure, leave your luggage with the hotel where they deliver this straight to the Eurostar check-in terminal. No lugging your luggage!
* Pause Gourmande/Tea Time Treat Vouchers - These vouchers offer 1 hot/cold drink and 1 treat (Magnum ice cream or sugar doughnut) from 3-6pm in the park. Be sure to use these to keep you going from lunch until dinner time!
ESSENTIALS TO PACK:
* Comfortable footwear - Trainers, boots or shoes are essential when you are on your feet all day.
* Gloves, scarf, hat/headband - Chilly mornings, late evenings and some fast rides ... you will be grateful to keep warm!
* Satchel bag/backpack - Camera, tickets, snacks, water etc ... take a bag which you can hold on both shoulders.
* Camera - So many photo opportunities... a good camera is a must!
My much needed backpack!!
A world of magic and so many cuddles... !
Grey Cape Jacket:
Marks & Spencer (similar here
Riding Boots: Zara
Backpack: TK Maxx
Our final day in Portugal... so in true tradition its bikini picture time! We all do it ... showing off our best tans, beach hair and fun times from our holidays!!
My sister and I decided to show off our Triangl swimwear!
Dominating social media and one of the most popular swimwear range's of the moment weirdly we actually didn't see anyone in Portugal wearing their bikini's!
Bold colours in "neoprene", these bikini's really hold their shape well. In and out of the sea, the "wet suit" type material fits perfectly. If you don't mind splashing out, and like the sporty-luxe style... these high quality bikini's are for you!
Photography taken on Arrifes and São Rafael beaches, Portugal.
Home for me feels like Portugal...... I love the weather, culture, people, and especially the shopping!
An 8 day trip with my sister was all about relaxing, catching up with my friends and just enjoying the sunshine. I couldn't resist taking some photo's though.....
A combined culotte jumpsuit with super fine strap detail, a simple pair of black sandals and added accessories ... ready for dinner! Accessories included the fresh white Parfois clutch, black leather Massimo Dutti watch and a beautiful feather hair wrap! I have been hunting for a hair wrap for ages, and I found this beauty on a braid stall in the old town in Albufeira!
Photography taken overlooking one of my favourite beaches ... São Rafael beach, Portugal.
Hair Wrap: Stall in Albufeira, Portugal
... home to tapas, sangria, Gaudi's architecture and more importantly shopping!! Booked as a surprise birthday treat for my mum, we enjoyed 4 days of girly time!
The days plan was Barcelona Zoo, Parc de la Ciutadella and a little more browsing of the shops. A day for a practical core summer item .... a summer LBD.
Simple, effortless and with an open back.... my coral Mango
dress was much needed. It was a super hot day, so this loose, fluid fabric, flowy dress kept me feeling cool and stylish.
Accessories can make a simple dress shine... a tassled suede bag and floral yellow headband purchased the day before from Shankara Barcelona
(a great boho style shop).
Going away on a city break? Essential to pack lightly and be organised with your outfits. Matching together or worn as seperates this twin chic set was first on my list. Soft, tailored, textured linen material, the top and shorts nailed this summer seasons bloom prints trend.
Like any vibrant pattern, the bright blue floral against the crisp white needs no explanation. Keeping it simple, I paired a delicate, layered necklace and other plain gold jewellery.
Fresh, cool, tailored and bold; enjoy my co-ordinates of the day......
Don't be afraid to match a whole outfit... even if it is print overload!
Sandals: Bosonova, Barcelona